Improve Your Health Now!
Treatment GERD - Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Acid Stomach, Acute Indigestion
Fed up with taking proton pump inhibitors or lots of anti acid medications? They are all there to deal with your "excess" production of stomach acid. However, science now shows that this is not the case. Apparently, it is due to the "lack" of the correct stomach acid secretion that's the problem. Has anyone told your Doctor?
PPI's are only supposed to be administered as a temporary solution, on average for 2 weeks and 2 weeks only. I was on them for 15 years. Many say "oh but they are no harm", I say "yeah right!". I have done a lot of research to know that inhibiting your stomach acid leads to poor digestion and the ineffective uptake of vitamins and minerals. Taking these PPI's for years can lead to bone loss, hairline fractures and other osteo realted issues due to the ineffective uptake of calcium over long periods. The other issue is liver. One Doctor told me that PPI's could affect the liver, others say the PPI's effect liver enzymes etc. The problem is, how much researching and testing has been done on the ill effects of these meds. I am free of them now after 15 years swallowing them down without a thought. Bad idea!
Here's how I did it.
1. My research lead me to New Zealand and a long chat with a Naturopath. I learned that my stomach required "healing". After some tips I found quite a few common denominators into healing the stomach and restoring the digestive system to normal.
2. I tapered off the omeprazole that i was taking. I did that over 2 weeks (breaking off a little extra each day)
3. As I was tapering I used, wait for it, a "red apple" as my natural acid controller. First thing in the morning I would chew half a red apple, chewed to a liquid, and swallowed it taking my time. I found this information on the internet. After the apple I would swallow 2 tblsp of good quality apple cider vinegar (ACV) and 2 tblsp of good quality honey. When I took the ACV it would burn a little but only for a few seconds I quickly learned swallowing the honey "immediately" after the ACV also calmed the effect. Within minutes I felt good.
4. During this healing time I learned you must stay away from "rough" and spicy foods and alcohol. Also stay away from dairy products (lactose free was fine) and wheat products (gluten free was good) as well as sugary soda pops.
5. Repeat the above (1/2 apple, ACV and honey) 3 times daily at least a half hour before each meal. Before you go to bed have a slice of apple and a tblsp of honey. Keep your pillow propped up during the healing process.
6. The foods I recommend during this healing, which will take from 1 - 2 weeks perhaps a little more include:
- 1 medium glass of milk kefir smoothie for breakfast (use strawberries or blueberries and honey)
- 1 small glass water kefir 15 minutes before lunch, a light salad with tinned tuna in water/brine. Ensure no tomatoes in salad.
- 1 small glass of milk and 1 small glass water kefir 15 minutes before diinner. Dinner I recommend is poached chicken and steamed veggies. Of course steamed fish or boiled meats are also good. Rice is fine but the main thing is no spice, nothing rough like crereals, and no alcohol.
- Do not drink liquids with your meal, wait for half an hour after at least.
- Drink your last milk or water kefir (glass) an hour before you go to bed or make a banana smoothie if you are OK with bananas that is. Try something else like mangos or passionfruit if not.
While all cells in the human body are capable of synthesizing glutathione, liver glutathione synthesis has been shown to be even more essential. Mice with genetically-induced loss of GCLC (i.e. GSH synthesis) only in the liver die within 1 month of birth.